We help you find a therapist
Delve into our therapist directory to discover the ideal therapist for you, tailored to your specific needs, location, and preferences.
Authoritative Content from the Minds of
Mental Health Professionals & Medical Experts
Explore mental health topics
Mental Health Issues
Therapy for you
Determine your ideal therapy frequency, ensuring sessions align with your unique needs for a personalized and effective mental health experience.
Start your therapy journey on the right foot. Discover key steps to prepare for your session, ensuring a productive and enriching therapeutic experience.
Unearth the power of reality therapy. Discover techniques that lead to positive change and fulfillment, transforming lives and fostering personal empowerment.
Heal through relational therapy, fostering transformative connections and personal growth on the path to emotional well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, online therapy can be highly effective for many people. Numerous studies have shown its efficacy in treating various mental health concerns.
Choosing between online or in-person therapy depends on your preferences and needs:
- Choose online therapy if you value convenience and accessibility.
- Opt for online therapy if you have limited access to in-person services.
- Consider it if you prefer the comfort and privacy of your own space.
- Online therapy is suitable for those with busy schedules or mobility issues.
- It can also be a good choice during times of social distancing or when physical presence is challenging.
- Choose in-person therapy if you prefer face-to-face interactions.
- Opt for it if you feel you need the physical presence of a therapist.
- In-person therapy can be ideal for deeper, in-depth sessions.
- It may be the preferred option for those who thrive in a traditional therapeutic setting.
- If you value the ritual of going to a therapist’s office, in-person therapy might be the better choice.
Browse our therapist directory to find a therapist that offers in-person sessions.
Ultimately, the decision should align with your personal comfort, convenience, and the therapeutic relationship you seek. Some people even choose a combination of both, attending in-person sessions occasionally while primarily engaging in online therapy for the flexibility it offers.
Therapy costs can vary widely depending on factors like location, therapist credentials, and the type of therapy. On average, you can expect to pay between $60 to $250 per session.
Online therapy can be an affordable option to access therapy. For example, BetterHelp pricing ranges from $60 – $90/week which inludes one live session and an option to write to you therapist in between sessions.
Note: We collaborate with top-tier mental health companies and receive compensation for marketing efforts on behalf of BetterHelp
Many health insurance plans do cover therapy to some extent. It’s best to check with your insurance provider to understand your specific coverage and any potential out-of-pocket costs.
Finding the right therapist involves researching, considering your needs, and possibly some trial and error. You can start by using therapist directories, seeking referrals, and asking potential therapists about their approach and experience to determine if they are a good fit for you.
Online therapy providers typically pair you with a therapist by considering the details you provide during the sign-up process. Moreover, many of these platforms offer the flexibility to change therapists if your initial match doesn’t meet your needs or expectations.