In order to serve you on this website, certain data must be collected, stored, and processed.
This document is subject to change without notice. By using our website, you agree with the terms below.
Comments and form submissions
When you leave a comment on a blog post or submit a form on our website, your information is stored on our web servers, and/or the web servers of third parties we use to facilitate these functions (such as Google Forms).
This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your comment, or any other data you submitted to the form
- Your IP address
Anonymous user behavior
We use website analytics tools such as Google Analytics. These tools collect and store data pertaining to your interactions with our website, such as the pages visited, and links clicked. They may also collect information about the characteristics of specific users, such as your country, city, or device.
This data is used to create aggregate reports pertaining to user behavior, and is not used to identify specific users.
Certain third parties may be exposed to certain data as a result of you using our service. Some examples of how this can occur include but are not limited to:
- Third-party website plugins may query external APIs, resulting in these APIs seeing your IP address or user agent string.
- Affiliate partner websites seeing your IP address/user agent string as you click through from our website.
- Like nearly all websites, our file system and database are hosted with a third party. This hosting provider therefore stores certain data such as comments you leave, and your IP address.
- Mail service providers storing form submission data. When you submit a form on our website or leave a comment, we may receive an email notification with details of your message. This email is stored on third-party mail servers.
How we use the data we collect
The data we collect is used to serve you on this website, or to improve the quality of our service.
For example, blog comment data you submit is used to display blog comments on our website, provided we approve the comment for display.
We will only ever use your data for the purpose it was given to us, except in exceptional circumstances, where we feel it is absolutely necessary to do so.
We will never share or sell your personal data with third parties, unless:
- www.find-a-therapist.com changes ownership. Anonymous site usage statistics may be shared with potential buyers during sale negotiations.
- We are required to under the law, or to comply with legal proceedings.
- We must share data to protect the safety, prosperity, and/or longevity of our brand, website, employees/contractors, owners, users, and/or other individuals/organizations.